Hennepin County Commissioner Forum for District 2
Come meet candidates Irene Fernando and Kim Ellison
Sunday, April 29, 1 – 3 p.m. in the church
We want the candidates to get to know us and our passion for immigrant families and their well-being which means making decisions that
benefit ALL of us who live, work and/or worship in Hennepin County. Come 20 min early and enjoy some tamales!
We will have child care: Día del Niño / Children’s Day celebration in the cafeteria: Music, food and games for the kids!
Ascension is forming a group to participate in the American Friends Service Committee’s (AFSC*) anti-racism training for immigrant justice work from May to August.
The four-session monthly, interactive, on-line course is available for groups to explore, reflect and act for social change.
We will explore:
• Self and group reflection on undoing racism in the context of immigrant rights solidarity
• The U.S. immigration system’s history of racial exclusion and how it plays out today
• The theology and practice of accompaniment
• Real life examples through case studies
• Practical skills in the 3 streams: ICE/court accompaniment, congregational sanctuary and immigration detention/prison visitation
Our group will meet from 7 – 8:30 p.m. in the Fireside Room on May 8, June 5, July 10 and August 7.
Please call ANNE at 612-424-6211 by APRIL 27 to REGISTER for our group.
*Founded in 1917, the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is a Quaker organization that promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
Drawing on continuing spiritual insights and working with people of many backgrounds, we nurture the seeds of change and respect for human life that transform social relations and systems.
Call the parish office for more information on these events, 612 529-9684