Join Our Ministry
Liturgical ministers get an insider’s view of the mass by proclaiming Scripture, helping to distribute Communion, greeting and welcoming people as they arrive, and serving as a sacristan or acolyte.
Training is provided for all of these important jobs, and scheduling is done quarterly.
Lectors proclaim the Word of God to the gathered assembly.
- Prepare and reflect on the Scripture readings before arriving at assigned Mass
- Arrive 20-minutes prior to start of Mass
- Take part in the Entrance Procession
- Proclaim the first or second reading (or both)
Eucharistic Ministers help distribute the gifts of the Body and Blood of Christ to the body of Christ: the Church.
- Arrive 20-minutes before scheduled Mass and sign-in with sacristan.
- Distribute Communion.
- Be faithful to your commitment.
- Be willing to sub, if needed.
Ushers welcome and interact with each person as a child of God.
They help create an environment of welcome and joy as people come together to celebrate Mass.
- Arrive 30-minutes before Mass
- Sign-in and put on name tag
- Stand by one of the doors
- SMILE and make eye contact with everyone who enters the door
- Assist with the collection(s)
- Walk through church and straighten hymnals, fliers, etc. before and after Mass, as needed.
The sacristan prepares the church for the celebration of Mass.
Among the Responsibilities
- Arrive one hour before Mass
- Ensure that the sanctuary is set up properly for Mass
- Prepare the appropriate amount of hosts and wine to be brought up during the offertory procession.
- Purify and clean vessels after Mass.
Detailed training is provided.