Living Out Catholic Social Teaching
Ascension is committed to proclaiming and living our Catholic Social Teaching:
- promoting the dignity of all persons
- living out our call to nurture families, to create inclusive parish and local communities and to participate in civic life
- supporting a living wage and healthy environment for workers and workers’ rights
- working for justice, equality and access to the basic human needs of education, medical attention, housing, food, clothing and shelter
- standing in solidarity with the vulnerable and marginalized, and
- the stewardship of our relationships and creation.
Parish activities and events are focused on education, consciousness raising and action to help all of us create a more just and peaceful community, society and world.